Links are grouped by their primary role. Many offer information in several areas. Note that the LIC is not responsible for the content or availability of external links. This page was last updated May 28 2010.
- CDC Rodent Information from the US Center for Disease Control. Info on many rodent-borne diseases and control measures.
- LeptoNet: A join site by KIT and the ILS, aiming to provide case data and other info. A work in progress.
- WHO/FAO Collaborating Centre for Reference and Research on Leptospirosis, Western Pacific Region : Service based in Queensland, Australia, dealing with bacterial cultures and outbreak monitoring. Includes online quarterly reports on case numbers for Queensland – very useful data for researchers.
- UK Notified Human Cases (annual summary)
- Leptospira Research Laboratory, University of Tehran, Iran
- UK Zoonoses reports from the DEFRA website
- CDSC Wales:The agency for UK monitoring of leptospirosis (taken over from Hereford).
- HSE leaflet on leptospirosis issued in the UK.
- Evaluation of IHA: A comparison of MAT and indirect (IHA) testing for actute leptospirosis in Hawaii
- KIT OIE Leptospirosis Reference Laboratory. Responsible for lepto testing in Holland and dominant in many areas of research.
- International Leptospirosis Society Home Page Australian site.
- Leptospira Molecular Genetics Server at the Institut Pasteur, Paris. Here you will find the most up to date list of genomospecies and serovars, in addition to chromosomal maps for some species of leptospira. Includes human infection statistics for mainland France and overseas French Territories for 1996-2005. Website in English.
- Leptospira interrogans serovar lai str. 56601 Information: The complete genome for one strain of L.interrogans.
- University of Trieste laboratory: Spirochete research lab, website in Italian.
- Emergency guide to drinking water disinfection from the US EPA
- Emergency preparedness center, CDC
- Guidelines for Animal Health and Control of Disease Transmission in Pet Shelters from CDC
- A commonly confused initial diagnosis is dealt with at the Lyme Disease Network
- MEDLINE is the online version of the well-known medical abstracts database.
- The Weekly Epidemiological Record from the WHO lists all reported outbreaks of notifiable diseases in PDF format.
- Health Protection Agency – the UK national disease surveillance and reference service (note the link above for CDSC Wales).
- Adolf Weil’s Biography for anyone wondering…